BBA is a professional degree that will teach you the fundamentals of business and management. Pursuing BBA subjects will give a deeper understanding of how a company works and its various mechanisms. You can start your career right after pursuing your BBA, or you can use it as a gateway for doing your MBA.
BBA is undoubtedly the best course if you want to build yourself professionally. It may be becoming a manager in a big company or starting your venture. The subjects of BBA will build your foundation in such a way that you become an expert in handling businesses of large companies and confident in making your own. This degree has immense value, and there are many reasons why you should choose BBA over other courses. Here are some of the top 7 reasons why you should choose to do a BBA degree.
Top 7 reasons to do a BBA
1. It is a versatile degree: A BBA degree is not just about getting a job. While most other bachelor’s degrees concentrate most on the theory part, a BBA degree is all about practical applications and personality development. BBA subjects with their practical applications will make you a wholesome professional and set you up for success.
2. Professional Degree: A BBA degree is entirely a professional degree for students who want a career in business and management. This degree helps students get placed right after their graduation. There is no need for them to study for an additional Masters Degree because they will be able to learn practically everything on the job, which is the same as doing a masters degree.
3. Multiple disciplines covered: The subjects of BBA cover everything that is needed for you to become a professional in the field. It will make you a knowledgeable professional. The different disciplines covered in a BBA degree are Marketing, Human Resources Management, Organizational behaviour, Strategic Management and Accounting.
4. Stepping stone for MBA: Graduates from all disciplines can do an MBA. But if you have done your BBA, it will be much easier for you to grasp what MBA offers. You are most likely taught the same things, but you delve much deeper into an MBA degree. Thus, it is a great foundational course for pursuing MBA.
5. High Salary and Benefits: A high salary coupled with other benefits is the goal of most professionals. A BBA degree can help you to make it happen. With this degree, you open the doors to the best managerial and administrative professions where the salary and benefits are the best.
6. Personal Development: As mentioned above, a BBA degree is just about education and personality development. It gives you the capability to build your leadership skills, manage a team, and run a whole company. The degree also teaches you to be a good team leader and team player as well. And most importantly, it also builds your oratory skills, as you are required to give presentations. At the end of the curriculum, you will be fully developed into a wholesome person.
7. Affordable: BBA degree is much more affordable than an MBA degree or other Management related courses. In finishing the course, you will get total value for your money, as this degree helps you land up high paying jobs.
Now, as we have discussed the top 7 reasons to do a BBA course, I would like to discuss BBA subjects.
Subjects of BBA
The BBA syllabus consists of Business communication, Business mathematics, Business organization, Fundamentals of Accounting, Management concepts and practices, Managerial Economics, Organizational behaviour, Management Accounting, Business Environment, Business Statistics and Marketing Management, etc. Given below are the few topics and subjects of the BBA syllabus.
|Principles of Management||Business Mathematics and Statistics||Introduction to operations research|
|Business Economics||Financial & Management Accounting||Production & Material Management|
|Personnel Management & Industry Relations||Marketing Management||Business Data Processing|
|Business Laws||Introduction to Psychology||Business Analytics|
|Introduction to Sociology||Micro Economics||Organizational Behaviour|
|Essentials of Marketing||Corporate Strategic Management||Human Resource Management|
|MIS / Systems Design||Understanding Industry and Markets||Leadership and Ethics|
|Strategy||Entrepreneurship||International Business Management|
|Sales & Distribution Management||Commercial Bank Management||Security Analysis|
|Manufacture Planning and Control||Digital Marketing||Retail Management|
|E-Commerce||Quantitative Methods||Computer Applications|
|Family Business Management||Export/ Import Management||PR Management|
|Project Management||Financial & Commodity Derivatives||Financial Modelling using spreadsheets|
|Industrial Relations and Labour Legislation||Consumer Behaviour|
Here above, I have discussed the syllabus for BBA. Now let me discuss the top five BBA specializations in India, though there are many which I would not like to cover in this article. I want to cover all of them in another article.
Here are the five BBA specializations in India:
1. BBA in Business Administration: BBA in Business Administration is for those who want to get into the management and administration aspects of the business. In this specialization, you will learn about the fundamentals and concepts of business administration that can be applied in any business.
2. BBA in Computer Application: Computer Application is a field that is in high demand today as well as in the future. With a BBA in computer application, you will learn to develop computer applications and programs. If you do a BBA degree, then along with developing, you will also be able to manage teams of developers.
3. BBA in Finance: BBA in Finance specialization is for students who are good with numbers and have strong analysis and reasoning skills. The Finance Department is the most critical in any organization, and finding an administrative job in a company would be a great career move.
4. BBA in Entrepreneurship: Why work for others when you can start your own company. BBA in Entrepreneurship will equip you to create your establishment. In BBA in Entrepreneurship, students will learn how to start a company from scratch and make the laws and compliances one has to follow.
5. BBA in Human Resources: Human Resources professionals are an essential part of any business. An HR ensures the company is running smoothly and all the employees in the company are happy. HR is all about the organizational structure and serves as the bridge between the employees and management.
So, you have got a glimpse of a few BBA specializations in India. I would lastly point out some colleges where you can do your BBA efficiently with value for money.
Hence, now we are clear of why you should do a BBA and glimpse the BBA subjects. There are lots of benefits to doing a BBA. You can only realize what you are doing, only after you join the course. It will help to unfold numerous opportunities for you.