Physiotherapy is a science-based profession that is related and used to treat patients with movement problems or have pain in the joints due to various clinical or environmental factors. This profession is popular because it does not include any medicinal approach in curing diseases; instead, other methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise prove beneficial in treating conditions. All these methods are taught in physiotherapy courses offered by many colleges in India and abroad.
Physiotherapists help people prone to injury, illnesses or disability through movement, exercise, education and advice. They maintain the health of people of all ages by giving them therapy and also through awareness. They are the ones who can cure an individual by making them self participate, aware and empowered to get healed in a particular frame of time.
Physiotherapy as a profession is booming in recent times. Earlier it was not pursued by many, but nowadays, most of the students are willing to pursue Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) due to its increase in demand in the competitive world. A skilful course always has an ace in today’s times compared to a non-skilful study. A popular course having high demand in the job market packed with skill is always a win-win for the students as it makes them confident and economically sound.
There are many physiotherapy colleges in India, but in this article, I would like to point out the physiotherapy courses in Northeast India. Northeast is a part of India that is developing very fast in all sectors, including the educational sector. There are colleges and universities with a good reputation in this region offering numerous courses of professional interest. Northeast India, which is termed the seven sisters, is full of natural beauty. Its natural beauty coupled with its development in the education sector drives students from all over the country to come and study here. Their studies become more productive in this region because they find a peaceful environment to learn. The students also get an opportunity to interact with their peers from all over the country, which is why there is a total diversity of culture in this region.
Northeast colleges and universities offer various professional degrees such as Bachelor of Law, Master of Business Administration, Master of Tourism and Travel Management and Bachelor of Physiotherapy etc. The purpose of introducing these many professional courses is not to let the students of this region go to other cities of India in search of quality education.
I would now like to discuss the list of physiotherapy courses and colleges in Northeast India.
1. Kaziranga University, Assam: Kaziranga University was established with a motto to provide value-added, goal-oriented and quality based education through its state-of-the-art technology, which is at par with the international standards. This University offers a Bachelor of Physiotherapy course, which is of the highest standards. After completing the course, a student becomes capable of working in a hospital and other healthcare units. There is a compulsory 6-month internship program which is a part of the course curriculum. The University provides proper placements after the completion of the course.
For more information, visit this page: https://kazirangauniversity.in/course/bphy
2. PEWSCPMS-Purbanchal Educational Welfare Society College of Physiotherapy and Medical Sciences: The Purbanchal Educational Welfare Society College of Physiotherapy and Medical Sciences is a pioneer institute for Physiotherapy education in Kamrup, Assam. It was established in 1952. This College is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences. The primary objective of the College is to produce and promote education and analysis within the field of physiotherapy.
Visit the website for more information: https://cpmsc.com/
3. SCK-Science College Kokrajhar: Science College Kokrajhar was established in the year 1995 and is situated in Bhatamari Village of Kokrajhar. The College was affiliated with Guwahati University and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, Govt of India. The College provides physiotherapy courses, keeping in mind its mission to become a centre of excellence in science education.
For more information, visit this: http://www.sciencecollege.ac.in/index.php
4. RCPHS-Regional College of Paramedical Health Sciences: The Regional College of Paramedical Health Sciences was registered under the Assam State Government and is situated in Guwahati, Assam. The College provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs where the students can excel and graduate in the best way in the entire Northeast. The Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course is of the duration of 4 years and six months. The eligibility for the course is HSSLC (10+2) passed or an equivalent course passed from a recognized board or council securing at least 45% marks in the Science stream.
For more information, visit: https://www.riptgroup.in/rcphs/index.php
5. RGU-Royal Global University: RGU is one of the finest universities in the country. It is spread across 27 acres of land and has a world-class infrastructure and facilities. Royal Global University offers a distinctive educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead the way and to make a difference in the world. The duration of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course is 4 years and 6 months.
For more information, visit: https://rgu.ac/Bpt.php
6. ADTU-Assam Down Town University: Assam Down Town University was established to educate the students and provide them technical training to contribute to the welfare of society and develop their overall personality to achieve their career goals. The course duration is 4 years. The minimum eligibility is the students scoring at least 45% in their 12th (10+2).
For more information, visit: https://adtu.in/
7. NCPSRC-National College of Paramedical Science and Research Centre: The National College of Paramedical Science and Research Centre is a co-educational Paramedical College in Assam. The National College of Paramedical Science and Research Centre is affiliated with Dibrugarh University, Assam.
Visit this FB page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/National-College-of-Paramedical-Science-1309729612511946/
Thus, this is the list of physiotherapy courses and colleges in Northeast India. Physiotherapy is a booming profession day by day, and pursuing this course will make the students employable in different hospitals or healthcare units. Most of all, this course will make them better human beings concerned about other people’s pain and try to help them with their expertise. So they are the ones who are practising their skills and knowledge for the welfare of society.