B.sc in Nursing or graduation in nursing is a four-year professional course. To pursue B.Sc in Nursing, the candidates should have minimum qualifications of 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subjects. One can get admissions in B.sc in Nursing through various entrance exams held between April-June. This graduation course of India is widely accepted throughout the globe as it teaches nursing science and the essence of humanities.
Nursing as a profession is a noble profession that includes dealing with different patients regularly. The essential quality that a nurse should possess is that of patience. They should have the quality to work in alignment with Doctors, Patients and other hospital administrations and practice good communication skills. A nurse must be able to communicate both in medical terms and layman’s terms. At last, the nurse should possess both organizational and management skills as they are required to maintain a patient’s record.
B.sc in Nursing is a graduate-level course in Nursing and covers all the essential aspects of nursing. The course aims to impart thorough knowledge about the profession and the know-how basics of the work. Below are the list of subjects that are taught during the course.
- Nursing foundation
- Pathology and Genetics
- Community Health Nursing
- Communication and Educational Technology
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Introduction to Computer
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Child Health Nursing
- Management of Nursing Services and Education
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Operation Theatre Technique
B.sc in nursing candidates has plenty of options left in their hands right after their graduation. They can start their careers by joining private and public hospitals or engaging in some colleges by becoming a nursing tutor. Below are the job profiles that a candidate doing their B.sc in nursing can join as:
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Care Nurses
- Nurse-Nursery School
- Junior Psychiatric Nurse
- Nursing Assist Supervisor
- Nursing Tutor
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Assistant
- Nurse and Patient Educator
- Nurse Manager
- Ward Nurse and Infection Control Nurse.
Now, let’s discuss the colleges which provide B.sc in Nursing in Assam Northeast India. Some of the colleges that provide B.sc in Nursing in Assam Northeast are:
1. Assam Down Town University (ADTU), Guwahati: AssamDown Town University (ADTU)was set up in the year 2010 and has an aim to provide quality education to North East students. The university is recognized by University Grants Commission, Pharmacy Council of India, Indian Association of Physiotherapy, and Indian Nursing Council.
B.Sc. Nursing deals with the knowledge of providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities. It also provides nursing care based on steps of the nursing process in collaboration with the other health care team members. The programme aims to provide preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of nursing care.
2. Army Institute of Nursing (AIN), Guwahati: Army Institute of Nursing (AIN), Guwahati was founded to serve the education needs of the children of Army personnel and ex-army service members. The Institute aims at preparing the students for the profession in health care. Its objective is to prepare skilled and knowledgeable nurses. Emphasis is laid on nurturing ethical, intellectual and moral values as well. The campus is situated in a green and quiet environment.
1. To provide a comprehensive system of education to impart thorough knowledge of nursing sciences.
2. To maintain the highest education standards in nursing through an innovative and practical approach to provide service to society.
3. To develop teaching and supervisory skills in nursing, healthcare and administration in hospitals.
3.Asian Institute of Nursing Education (AINE), Guwahati: Asian Institute of Nursing Education (AINE), Guwahati is an institution that runs under INS Trust’s philosophy. The college tries to develop highly skilled professionals who will provide quality care to the patients and serve the community. The faculty trusts the individual student’s capability and skills to accept their responsibilities to offer overall development.
The course aims to prepare the students to function as responsible health team members. Upon completing the course, students shall be placed in multi-super speciality hospitals with good salaries and other facilities.
4.Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Vishvavidyalaya (KAV), Barpeta: The Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Vishvavidyalaya (KAV) islocated in Barpeta District of Assam, is also known as Krishnaguru University. It is a university that offers value-based education with the integration of spirituality. Their campus boasts 400 acres of space, making it a suitable environment for the pursuit of quality education. It also allows for easy access to the city through well-developed roads.
B.Sc in Nursing is a four years undergraduate Nursing course offered by Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Visvavidyalaya, Nasatra. The candidate should have passed HS from the science stream with 45% marks in aggregate with physics, chemistry, Biology as mandatory subjects. 5% relaxation is given to ST/SC/OBC (Non-Creamy layer) from recognized Institute.
5.NEPEDS Group of Institutions, Guwahati: This institution is committed to impart nursing education at various levels to the underprivileged and predominantly women folk to enable them to become qualified nurses who shall render their services at all levels and thereby raise the prospects for the betterment of the health sector with their academic and skilful excellence.
6. PEWS Group of Institutions, Guwahati: PEWS Group of Institutions, Guwahati was established by the Purbanchal Educational Welfare Society (PEWS). PEWS offers professional training in nursing, physiotherapy and other paramedical courses.
Aspirants wanting to take admission to the program must have passed (10+2) Science with a 45% minimum mark in PCBE for General & 40% for SC/ST. And the total fee of the course is 4.10 lakhs.
7.Arya Nursing College, Guwahati: Arya Nursing College is one of the best institutes for nursing education in Assam. It is rushing ahead to make nursing a glorious profession and establish it in society as a “PROFESSION OF CHOICE”. It is one of the best colleges for nursing in Guwahati and provides both diploma and degree programs in nursing.
The duration of the course in 4 academic years. The course is permitted by Govt. of Assam and is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences. Its also recognized by Indian Nursing Council and State Nursing Council. The college is 100% residential to facilitate easy movement to theory classes and practical classes in different institutions as required. The library will facilitate all course materials and books to the students.
Thus, these are some colleges providing B.sc in Nursing in Northeast Assam.